Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sooooo EXCITED!!

Happy Tuesday to Everyone!  I am so excited to be sharing my post today!  I went so far out of the box for myself that I fell into a brand new box!  Before I began creating today I asked myself, "What do I love about Close To My Heart?"  I have always loved the white core paper that CTMH has to offer as well as the bling!!  With this in mind, I took out one of my favorite pictures, of my daughter and my niece and began falling in love with CTMH all over again!!  I know that you may not be able to feel my excitement about this post, but I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
CTMH supplies used:
...B&T paper from the Nevermore paper pack
...eggplant, slate, black, and whisper white cardstock
...black and slate ink (for the title)
...sanding kit
...Snapshot Memories Stamp Set (love it!!!!!)
...mini stapler
...retired 'bling' that is available on my OBA!  I definitely need to stock up!!

I was amazed at how quickly this layout came together and how pleased I was.  Usually my techniques are very 'flat' to the page, but I oh so wanted to try something different!!  I love how the white core 'pops' out when you wrinkle the CTMH cardstock, and then I also sanded the wrinkles as well as the edges of the 12x12 page, the Nevermore b&t paper as well as the eggplant.  For contrast, I left the papers layering my photo, as they were.  Once I had layered my photo, I 'popped' the photo up with 3D foam tape.  The biggest 'fall out of my box', was the fact that I did not use any pink paper.  I have always been taught that the paper must match the pictures.  As you can plainly see, the only pink on my layout is the lovely pink flower up on the title box!!  Normally, I would not use up a whole package of bling on a single layout, but since this is one of my favorite photos and I was absolutely loving this layout, it worked!!!  Soooooo Excited!!!!

Thanks for looking!!
    Gwen
"Enjoy the Little Things"

No comments:

Post a Comment