Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"Sweet Memory" Layout!

Happy Wednesday!  It is layout day!  I am pleased with this single page layout- simple with just enough bling to enhance the photos and the memories. I wanted this layout to remain as masculine as possible.  I also added a little bit of heat embossing-the ribbon and the star.  I had forgotten how much I love heat embossing until I shared the technique with one of my clubs the other night.  I love how you can transform a stamped image into an elegant 'sticker' to enhance a page.  It's not a hard technique either...
1. Rub embossing buddy on your paper to help the embossing powder from sticking to paper where you would rather not have the powder stick to.
2. Stamp image with either Versamark or Pigment Ink...depending on what embossing powder you are going to be using.
3. When using Versamark ink, sprinkle on gold, silver, or whatever color powder you have.  **Love this...when using color pigment ink, you only have to have clear embossing powder on hand as the color comes from the ink.  This is where I achieved the purple look from. Embossed a 'purple' pigment ink with clear embossing powder!**
4. Of course, finish by using your heat tool to melt the powder.
*My hint to you...do these steps as quickly as you can. :-)
*All supplies used on this layout are Close To My Heart!
Stamp Sets Used:
...C1644 Beyond Awesome (from upcoming Seasonal Expressions 2)
...Happy Times (from upcoming promotion for National Scrapbooking Month 2016)
...C1464 Blue Ribbon (retiring August 2016)

Thanks for looking!
    Gwen
"Enjoy the Little Things"

No comments:

Post a Comment