Friday, February 17, 2017

Cards to Share!

Happy Friday, Everyone!
I am very excited to be sharing with you three cards that I have prepped for a card class that I am having on Monday!  It had been a long time since I've used the watercolor pencils (3505) - I forgot how much I love them!!  I get great control with the pencils, can press harder to get more color, and then use the CTMH Blender Pen (3174) to give my coloring a 'watercolor' look!  Simple!  The other two cards are featuring a couple of the THIN CUTS that CTMH has been coming out with.  The HEARTS (Z2360) and the HAPPY (Z3258)!!  I love that CTMH has been coming out with more and more thin cuts!

A few things to note....
*the "Hello" stamp comes from the Carmaking WYW (G1123) and is exclusive to that kit.
*the hearts on the Hello card are cut out multiple times and layered for the look I wanted.
*I also used Ink Blot (D1660) on the Hello Card

*The "Happy" card uses paper from the Some Kind of Wonderful PP. (X7217B)
*Gold glitter paper (Z3238) is beautiful and CTMH's is a fabulous quality!!
*The ribbon is Black Shimmer Ribbon (Z4012)
*The front of the card has had 1" cut off of the bottom for a fun look!  The gold and black layer are attached to the inside of the card.

*"Happy Spring" features the February Stamp of the Month, the rabbits are adorable!!  This stamp can be purchased for $23.00 or $6.00.  Ask me how!!!
*Brushstrokes (C1608)
*Sea Glass Glitter Paper (Z3240)
*features a piece of Sugar Rush Paper Packet (X7215B)
*Gold Glitter Gems (Z3312)
*Blush Shimmer Ribbon (Z3313)
*To create a "Wow" card, I cut 1" off of the bottom of the front of the card and then another 1".  One of the strips was 'cast' aside and the other one I used to attach the rabbit family to. In the 'empty space" is where I stamped the flowers, on the inside of the card.  I did use a ruler for this, just to guide me and make sure I stayed straight.  It was honestly super simple, for a "Wow" look!

I hope that you enjoyed these cards, make them yourself and "Wow" a friend or two!!

Thanks for looking!!
    Gwen
"Enjoy the Little Things"

No comments:

Post a Comment