Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I'm Not Just A Scrapbooker...


I'm back. I have no real good reason as to why it's taken me so long to blog again, but I think that you need to know me.

Yesterday I was asked...

"Why do you do what you do? What drew you to it in the first place?"
When you think about it, I think we should all take a step back and routinely ask ourselves this question, to see if we're on the right track, or if we have lost our way a bit, as it does happen.  When pondering this question, I realized that I may have lost my way a bit.

I can honestly say that 26 years ago, I started scrapbooking because I loved the papers, the playing and designing, reliving the moments that the pictures brought to the surface, seeing the changes (some good, some not so good).

Yesterday, I realized that something was missing...

"Why do I do what I do?  What drew me to it in the first place?"

Telling my story.  My story is important.  All of our stories are important.
 
All the reasons for starting scrapbooking, for me, are the same, but what was missing, were the words.  The words that tell the story.  The words that tell the feelings.  The words that tell the memories.  A picture without words is just a picture.

A picture with words is a story.  It's a journal.  It's a life.  It's a piece of me.  It's my heart.  It's my soul.  It's MY life.  My legacy.  My memories.  

One day, those memories may fade.  They may disappear.  Unfortunately, it happens.  One day, the memories are just gone.  These memories matter.  My husband and my kids know that I love them, but with my pictures and words, they can hear and remember why I love them. 

I'm not just a scrapbooker.  I'm not just a woman with a hobby.  

I'm creative.  A designer.
I'm a photographer.
I'm a journalist.
I'm a reporter.
I'm a teacher.
I'm a business owner.
I am so much more than a scrapbooker...


I am a memory book designer and teacher and I am good at what I do.

I'll see you tomorrow as I restart my blogging journey!!


xoxo Gwen 

 




4 comments:

  1. Love it!You are definitely all those things and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very creative and I enjoy seeing your beautiful artwork! Great blog, you have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy! I love that you've checked it out!!

      Delete